Undeland Management provided a wide spectrum of communications services to the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) in support of the Transform I-66 Outside and Inside the Beltway projects, two of the largest and most sensitive infrastructure projects in the Washington, D.C. region.
Transform I-66 is focused on moving more people with greater speed, safety and reliability. A 2015 national ranking of highways listed I-66 as “the worst interstate in the nation” based on hours of congestion, fatalities and other factors.
We provided leadership and execution in:
- Creating and implementing earned media initiatives that cultivated positive relationships with reporters/editors, resulting in favorable and balanced news coverage
- Developing and producing paid media campaigns to inform the public about construction activities and encourage greater usage of travel alternatives
- Preparing a wide range of materials, including an interactive website, fact sheets, talking points, e-blasts, releases and others
- Helping keep elected officials up to speed on project developments before they impact their constituents
- Planning events that generated favorable media coverage and positive community interest
- Developing and delivering neighborhood-specific briefings and materials for residents and businesses affected by or interested in the project