Undeland Management oversees public communication for Purple Line Transit Partners, the private-sector concessionaire that is designing and building and will operate and maintain the Purple Line for 35 years on behalf of the Maryland Transit Administration.
Engaged in early 2018, UM provides the sensitive and creative public communications support necessary to navigate the project to success. The project runs through 16 miles of mature and dense development in Prince George’s and Montgomery counties in the Maryland suburbs of Washington, D.C. As such, the five-year construction project is being built in hyper-close proximity to thousands of residents and businesses, requiring thoughtful and sensitive outreach.
We provide leadership and execution in:
- Creating and implementing earned media initiatives that cultivate positive relationships with reporters/editors, resulting in favorable and balanced news coverage
- Helping create and present neighborhood-specific bnefings for to residents, businesses and community groups about construction activities and the eventual benefits of the transformational project
- Creating the social media strategy and providing content for the project’s Instagram, Twitter and Facebook posts
- Preparing fact sheets, strategic messaging, talking points, website content and other materials
- Helping keep elected officials up to speed on project developments before they impact their constituents
- Planning events that generate favorable media coverage and positive community interest