Undeland Management provides a wide range of public outreach and communications services to the Maryland Transportation Authority (MDTA) in support of the Nice/Middleton Bridge Project, a $463 million design-build job to replace the 1940 existing bridge with a crossing that doubles capacity and improves safety.
We lead communication efforts including:
- Creating and implementing a comprehensive public outreach campaign to promote a work crew safety campaign by urging boaters to “make no wake” as they traverse the construction zone. The awareness campaign includes paid social media ads that are geographically, demographically and interest targeted; a slate of social media messages and graphics; posting more than 250 physical signs at proximate marinas, restaurants and other boater-facing establishments; enlisting third party organizations that touch the boating community to amplify our messages; and earned media placements.
- Preparing a wide range of materials, including an interactive website, fact sheets, VIP remarks, talking points, e-blasts, releases and others
- Creating and maintaining a comprehensive public inquiry status log.
- Planning events that generated favorable media coverage and positive community interest.
- Assisting the team in keeping local officials, law enforcement agencies and other key stakeholders informed about project progress.